- A message from FFM
If you are interested in wanting to know more about the Italian Style then book some tuition with our instructors while you are at the show. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Loughs Agency will be offering a free prize draw.
· This prize only open to visitors at the BFFI 22nd & 23rd 2013.
· Win £900 towards a fishing Holiday within Loughs Agency’s catchments.
· Call at the Loughs Agency Stand and fill in competition slip.
· Winner announced 3pm Sun 23rd June at the show.
· Winner we appear in FF&FT .
- Two book launches from Cochy Bonddhu for the BFFI
A reprint of North Country Flies by Pritt and Fly Fishing Outside The Box by Peter Hayes. Peter will be at the show to sign copies of his new book, further details can be found here.
- Fly Tying Clinic
Just a reminder that you can get all the expert help you need for free at the Clinic. Always well attended, this year the experts in residence will be Wendy Gibson (England), Trevor Jones (Wales), Chris Watson (England) and Chris Reeves (England). Drop by and get a tip or two.
- Partridge of Redditch will be at the BFFI again this year, on the 22nd and 23rd June 2013.We will be there with Pro Team Members Karl Humphries, Alex Jardine and Paul Proctor.
- AAGPAI at the BFFI 2013The demonstration team stands as follows:-
Paul Procter, Tony Riley, Vic Knight, Karl Humphries, Neil Truelove, IIlltyd Griffiths, Clive Mitchellhill, Paul Arden, Jim Williams, Jim Fearn and Steve Peterson.
Others in attendance who will be doing fly dressing will be:-
Paul Little, Dave Wiltshire, Karl Humphries, Frank Moors and more …
As usual, the full programme will be published nearer the date.
- Have you tried to get to fish in difficult paces but can’t?Have you found difficulty in fight drag on fast sections of your river?
If so, then why not spend some time with the Fly Fishing Master UK team while you are at the BFFI in June. We will be running demonstrations and coaching on the Italian Style of casting which has been developed to get under bushes and combat drag with a range of high speed and anti drag casts.
This fresh approach to fishing will help you cover more fish with greater confidence and improved line control.
FFM UK runs regular casting and coaching clinics across the UK.
Come and see us at our stand.
- Luke Bannsiter has been making cane rods for over 15 years.Initially making rods to the designs of the traditional makers like Garrison, Payne and Walker.
Over the years his rod making has encompassed more modern principals of rod design and casting, leading to the much faster style of the modern cane rods. There will be an on-going rod making demonstration throughout the show and Luke will be more than happy to try and answer any of you cane related question.
He will also have a small selection of rods to cast.
You can find more information at www.splitcane.co.uk.Luke will be join on the stand by Rod Dibble who many of you will remember from last year’s show. Rod will be demonstrating the fascinating art of making Furled leaders
- The Riverfly Partnership at the BFFI
The Riverfly Partnership is a network of nearly 100 partner organisations, representing anglers, conservationists, entomologists, scientists, water course managers and relevant authorities, working together to:
- protect the water quality of our rivers;
- further the understanding of riverfly populations;
- and actively conserve riverfly habitats.
Stuart Crofts will be on the stand with live samples of river invertebrates. Stuart will also be on hand to try and help identify any samples of river invertebrates you may have either on photographs or actual samples you are invited to bring along. He will also be on hand to answer questions on the work of the Riverfly Partnership and how their trained volunteers help monitor the quality of our rivers and streams.